Subprimal Poetry Art was founded in 2013 to provide a community for quality thought provoking poetry and other art. We believe in poetry and other art that takes the reader / viewer / listener out of the ordinary and into an place altered from that which they normally experience. In an enjoyable, thought-provoking way.
The name Subprimal represents that which lies beneath the primal, that is: ambiences and sensations lower, or even further removed from the aboriginal. We like to explore the origins and manifestations of human consciousness and are always looking for fellow travelers.
Subprimal is an online journal only. Right now, we don't have any plans to create print editions, but this may change. It's possible that we'd make an editor's choice or similar type of publication.
Contact And Other Info
- For general questions or inquiries, use firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send submissions to this address. Note: This email address may change once in a while to thwart spam bots.
- For information on how to submit, see the general submission guidelines.
- Have a book? See Submission Guidelines for Book Listings
- Want to post a call for submissions? (no charge) See Submission Guidelines for Announcements
- For information on what sorts of data we collect and how we use it, see privacy & data retention.
Victor David Sandiego is the founder and current editor of Subprimal Poetry Art. His work appears in various journals (Cerise Press, Crab Creek Review, Floating Bridge Review, Off The Coast, Generations Literary Journal, Poetry Salzburg Review, The Tishman Review, others) and has been featured on public radio. He lives in the high desert of central Mexico.